: Failure and Success

Rahal
09-04-2009, 01:08 AM
One of the most important lessons you can learn on your road to success is that failure is not a final destination, but rather a place you pass through on your way to achieving your goals.
Remember these points:
.There is only one road to Success City
.The road to Success City passes through Failureville
People are so afraid of driving through Failureville and they never begin their journey

So what does this mean in the real world? It means that failure is not the opposite of success as many people assume; on the contrary, failure is an important part of achieving success. In fact, it is usually through the process of trying and failing that we learn the lessons we need, in order to ultimately achieve our goals in life. My favorite quote regarding the relationship between failure and success comes from the legendary basketball player Michael Jordan: Ive missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Ive lost almost 300 games. 26 times Ive been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Ive failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.

When you understand the fact that success lies on the other side of failure you will be much better prepared for the journey that leads to achieving your most important life goals.

Success Curves:

In 1992, University of Wisconsin researchers who were conducting a study on the adult-learning process videotaped two bowling teams during several games. The members of each team then studied their efforts on video to improve their skills. But, the two videos had been edited differently. One team received a video showing only their mistakes while the other teams video, showed their quality performances only. After studying the videos, both teams improved their game, but the team that studied its successes factors showed its score twice as much as the other who were focusing on the mistakes. The study proved that focusing on the errors can generate feelings of fatigue, blame and resistance

Emphasizing on what works well and discussing how to get more out of those strengths taps into creativity, passion and the desire to succeed. ((Lopsang Rampa