: Write a Story and We Will Discuss and Learn from it

05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
For those who want to improve their English language you can add here a story and we will discuss it and learn new vocabularies and so on .....

I Will Start

Sand and Stone

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert.

During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand

: "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one, who had been slapped, got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After the friend recovered from the near drowning,

he wrote on a stone: "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him,

"After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?"
The other friend replied:

"When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."
LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

05-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I hope you fix this post so as to let all the Elite teach and learn us

Rahal
05-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks Basil I want to appreciate such ideas like this, also am looking for all members to contribute and share their ideas.

Rahal
05-13-2009, 09:37 PM
My friend was walking down a deserted Doha beach at sunset. Ashe walked along, he began to see another man in the distance. As he grew nearer, he noticed that the local native kept leaning down, picking something up and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean. As my friend approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had washed up on the beach, and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water. My friend was puzzled.
He approached the man and said. Good evening, friend. I was wondering what you are doing.
Im throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see its low tide right now and all of these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I dont throw them back into the sea, theyll die up here from lack of oxygen.
I understand, my friend replied, but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You cant possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And dont you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast. Cant you see that you cant possibly make a difference?
The local native smiled, bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, Made a difference to that one!

05-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Friend Rahal thnks for this nice story , its a simple story but tell us a big lesson in a smart way to let the people get the idea by sence
Benefits of this story in my opinion are
A very small thing can make a big defferent
Every body should do his job even if it is very hard and seams to be non completable
If every body do his part of the job the work will be so easy and enjoyable

New words
Hurling:-
Shore: -

Sweet Regards

05-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Short Friendship Story

This short story on friendship is very inspiring and tells you about true friendship. It teaches a valuable lesson about friendship and how friends should be. Every short fable or tale on friendship has some valuable lesson it it. So check out this short story about friends.

Long time ago in ancient Greece, there was a man named Socrates who was highly knowledgeable and an esteemed philosopher. He was approached by a fellow one day. That person told Socrates that he has some information to tell him about his friend. Before he could even start talking about his friend, Socrates told him to take a test known as the Triple Filter Test.

The first test was the filter of truth. Socrates asked him if the information he had was the truth. The person said that he had just heard it on the way and was not sure if it was the absolute truth. The second filter was that of Goodness. He asked if the information was regarding anything good about his friend. The man said it was actually the opposite. The third filter was that of Usefulness. Socrates asked if the information was useful to him in any way. The man replied in the negative.

Socrates then replied that when the information regarding a friend is not true, good or useful, then why it should be conveyed at all. The moral of the story is that you may always participate in loose gossip, but when it comes to your friends it is just not worth it. You know your friends better than others. So you must avoid talking behind the back of your dearest friends. It only leads to strained relations and shows that you are not reliable or trustworthy as a friend.

06-02-2009, 03:40 PM
This story told us that we should not backbite

people,specialy our friends, this is what our

religion teach us.

There are many people

that we meet in our lives

but only a very few

will make a lasting impression

on our minds and hearts

It is these people that we will

think of often

and who will always remain

important to us

as true friends

06-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Frog and Toad

A toad and a frog were sitting on the front

stoop criticizing each others looks. Each

thought himself beautiful and the other ugly.

While they were posturing, a girl happened by

and was disgusted by both. "Yeaccchh!!" she

screamed, and she stomped on each and ran

away.

06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.

The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,

"Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."

The little girl said

, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."

"What's the difference?"

Asked the puzzled father.

"There's a big difference,"

replied the little girl.

"If I hold your hand and something happens to me,

Chances are that I may let your hand go.

But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens,

You will never let my hand go."

Rahal
07-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Why planning should be perfect...

One Night 4 college students were playing till late at night and could not
study for the test which was scheduled for the next day.

In the morning they thought of a plan. They made themselves look as dirty as
possible with grease and dirt. They then went up to the Dean and said that they had gone out to a wedding last night and on their return the tire of their car
burst and they had to push the car all the way back and that they were in no
condition to appear for the test.
So the Dean said they could have the re-test after 3 days. They thanked him and
said they would be ready by that time.
On the third day they appeared before the Dean. The Dean said that as this was
a Special Condition Test, all four were required to sit in separate classrooms
for the test. They all agreed as they had prepared well in the last 3 days.

The Test consisted of 2 questions with a total of 100 Marks.

See Below for the question Paper

Q.1. Name........ ......... .......... (2 MARKS

Q.2... which tire burst? (98 MARKS

a) Front Left (b) Front Right

c) Back Left (d) Back Right

07-11-2009, 09:10 AM
If you dig a hole for someone else, you'll fall into it

The students are very naughty and the teacher is very smart
thanks for this funny story

Sweet regards